Systems and Network Engineer at Greenpeace International
|Reageer op de vacature Systems and Network Engineer at Greenpeace International via de website van Greenpeace International|
|Deel de vacature Systems and Network Engineer at Greenpeace International met een vriend(in)|
|Print de vacature Systems and Network Engineer at Greenpeace International|
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action. Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning organization that acts to change attitudes and behavior, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace.
System and Network Engineer
Purpose of the job:
To provide high value and reliable and sustainable shared IT services to the global organization in order to enable our staff to carry out their day to day work and win campaigns.
- Maintenance and support in order to provide highly secure and reliable services.
- Monitoring and trend analysis in order to guarantee availability, capacity and security.
- Provide backup and disaster recovery in order to provide continuity.
- Change management so that changes will not (unexpectedly) interrupt services.
- Develop, implement and enforce procedures and standards so the team’s work is predictable and sustainable.
- Develop and implement new systems in order to provide the organization new services it needs.
- Research and advise about possible improvements and the application of new technologies in order to enhance the value of IT for the organization or improve the IT unit’s services.
- Technical contact to external system and network providers in order to provide operational continuity and get information on new usable technologies.
- Documentation of systems and procedures in order to preserve knowledge and provide predictable and sustainable services.
Skills qualifications / required:
- B.Sc. or University degree relevant to Systems and Network engineering (e.g. Computer Science, Electronics) and/or comparable work experience/certification.
- Hands-on experience with systems and network administration on large scale systems.
- Excellent knowledge of VMware, LAN and WAN Networking, Windows, Linux, SAN, Databases, firewalling, application delivery systems, Cisco IOS, DNS, QoS, LDAP and email.
- Proven track record in working in a project-based environment.
- Ability to create or identify technology trends for consideration by the organization.
- Experience of working in an international environment with a culturally diverse user community.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written and preferably one other language.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload your CV along with a letter of motivation via our application form.
- 15 februari 2013
- soort vacature
- Vaste baan
- Zo snel mogelijk.
- uren per week
- tarief of salaris
- In overleg te bepalen.
- Greenpeace International
Ook in Noord-Holland:
Application Manager - Support Global Trading and Pricing Systems
IT Development Engineer Java / Tibco
Senior Dev engineer Mobile iOS
Dev Engineer - Android - Global digital channels space.
Dev engineer - Software solutions for the global digital channels space - Java, Spring, Javascrip...
IT starters class - Top engineer - Global environment - Master degree - Start September 2014