Senior Windows / VMware / Storage Specialist
|Reageer op de vacature Senior Windows / VMware / Storage Specialist via de website van Optiver|
|Deel de vacature Senior Windows / VMware / Storage Specialist met een vriend(in)|
|Print de vacature Senior Windows / VMware / Storage Specialist|
Fancy being the brains behind our trading system? Do you imagine yourself working in a superb high-tech environment and are you the person that will lead our business environment in to the world of Virtualization?
As a result of the crucial role IT plays in screen-based options trading, our IT department consists of more than 100 experts in Networks, Unix, Windows, Virtualization, Storage, Hardware and Software. We are scouting for a highly driven Senior Windows / VMware / Storage Specialist to join our successful team.
What you’ll do
You will be designing, building and leading innovative IT projects in an environment where you can be creative and pragmatic at the same time. Within our Windows Team you will have the freedom to work independently, but you will also cooperate closely with our UNIX and Networks Team to create synergy solutions. In addition you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation, availability and performance of the Windows-, Virtualization- and Storage Infrastructure.
- Leading key projects while coaching and supporting your team members;
- Translating business requests into strategic technical solutions;
- Analysing trends in technical incidents;
- Creating valuable business tools, like test systems and business continuity systems;
- Optimising storage environment and infrastructure processes;
- Researching new techniques and implementing them;
- Daily responsibilities like fixing incidents, solving technical ad hoc problems, performance monitoring and managing the system capacity.
What you’ll need
- A creative, entrepreneurial mind combined with a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Experience with managing teams;
- Bachelor or Master’s degree;
- At least 8 years work experience as a Windows engineer;
- Knowledge of networks and network protocols;
- Solid scripting skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft server systems on MCSE level;
- Experience with virtualization (VMware, VDI) and clustering;
- Knowledge of MS SQL and MS related products like IIS and Exchange;
- Excellent analytical and communicative skills;
- Affinity for the financial world is a plus, but not essential.
What you’ll get
A challenging working environment and great responsibility. In addition we offer you fully paid first-class commuting expenses, bicycle plan, premium-free pension, attractive profit sharing, training opportunities, relocation packages, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, Friday afternoon drinks and weekly in-house chair massages.
Salary indication: approximate € 45.000 - € 70.000 per year, based on 40 hours per week, depending on experience and skill level.
Apply directly via the APPLY NOW button. Please provide us with a CV and a letter of motivation in English. For more information or questions, contact Sander Hattinga on +31 20 708 7000.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated
Keywords: VMware, Windows, windows administrator, windows engineer, windows infrastructure, MCSE, MCITP, SQL Server, Server 2008 R2, Win 7, Exchange, Active Directory, EMC, SAN, Storage, Blades, VCP
- 25 juni 2012
- soort vacature
- Vaste baan
- uren per week
- tarief of salaris
- € 45.000,00 - € 70.000,00 per jaar
- Sander Hattinga
- +31 20 708 7000
Ook in Noord-Holland:
Systems Engineer bij Wilroff Systemhouse B.V.
Wilroff Systemhouse B.V.
Test Specialist - Complex mission-critical Software Financial Markets
Application Developer (GEP) Java, C# or C .
IT Bachelor Starters Class - 1st Sep 2013 - Support in Global Financial Markets.
Andere vacatures van Optiver:
Alle vacatures van Optiver