Senior Application Engineer (Wintel)
|Reageer op de vacature Senior Application Engineer (Wintel) via de website van Optiver|
|Deel de vacature Senior Application Engineer (Wintel) met een vriend(in)|
|Print de vacature Senior Application Engineer (Wintel)|
Getting excited about PowerShell, Python and VB? Fancy working with SQL, Exchange and AD in an informal and cutting edge environment? Looking forward to learn more than ‘just’ IT? Ready to be challenged with multifaceted problems and are you able to solve them by designing, implementing and automating elegant solutions? Then you might be the focused, energetic Senior Application Engineer that we’re looking for to join our headquarters in Amsterdam.
What you'll do
As a Senior Application Engineer within our IT Operations Department, you will be responsible for the availability, performance and maintenance of our applications on Windows platforms. Next to that you will be expected to manage the automation of various processes and interlinking applications.In this role you will be assigned with technical trouble shooting; from managing changes and problems towards software vendors and in-house development to liaising with end-users regarding requests and application requirements. On top of that you will be leading projects, designing solutions, assisting in process designs, coaching your team members and managing day to day operational activities.
The Windows platform environment consists of Windows 2003/2008 servers and Windows XP/7 clients with office- and company specific applications.
- Responsible for full performance cycle of our applications on Windows platforms;
- Managing automation of various processes and interlinking applications;
- Leading key projects while coaching and supporting your team members;
- Translating business requests into strategic technical solutions;
- Daily activities like technical trouble shooting and managing operational processes.
What you'll need
- Good track record of working with scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, VB);
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Environments (SQL, Exchange, AD, PowerShell, IIS) on MSCE level (or equivalent);
- Experience in leading projects and/or teams;
- Energetic, passionate and communicative nature;
- At least 6 years work experience as a Windows Specialist;
- Eagerness to constantly improve your IT knowledge and personal skills;
- Bachelor or Master's degree level.
What you'll get
A challenging working environment, great responsibility and cutting edge environments. In addition we offer you fully paid first-class commuting expenses, bicycle plan, premium-free pension, attractive profit sharing, training opportunities, relocation packages, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, Friday afternoon drinks and weekly in-house chair massages.
Apply directly via the APPLY NOW button. Please provide us with a CV and a letter of motivation in English. For more information or questions, contact Sander Hattinga on +31 20 708 7000.
Keywords: MSCE,SQL, Scripting, Python, Powershell, Fun, Culture, Cutting edge, VB, IIS, Exchange, AD, Windows.
- 25 juni 2012
- soort vacature
- Vaste baan
- uren per week
- tarief of salaris
- In overleg te bepalen.
- Sander Hattinga
- +31 20 708 7000
Ook in Noord-Holland:
Application Developer (GEP) Java, C# or C .
Systems Engineer bij Wilroff Systemhouse B.V.
Wilroff Systemhouse B.V.
Application Support Analyst at Intergraph EHQ
Programme Manager - Credit Risk Solutions
Technical Software Engineer: Apparaten; Consumenten & Industrieel
Network Administrator IT at Artsen zonder Grenzen
Artsen Zonder Grenzen
Andere vacatures van Optiver:
Alle vacatures van Optiver